Saturday, April 7, 2007

Vanille Patisserie

On Wednesday, I went to stage (industry term for working for free to gain experience, pronounced "stodge") at Vanille Patisserie. Vanille (www.vanillepatisserie.com) is owned and operated by Keli and Dimitri Fayard, two fantastic chefs with great backgrounds. Check out their website to read more about them. And if you haven't been able to find any macarons at your neighborhood pastry shop, you can buy some from Vanille online. I know they look a little expesive, but they are worth it. And as long as you're shopping there, treat yourself to some Pate De Fruit. Don't even think about comparing the Pate De Fruit to jujubees or gumdrops or anything like that; they're in a class all their own. Again, worth every penny.

So, after staging at Vanille, they asked me to do a 3-month internship with them in their wedding cake side of the business. They want me to commit to at least 1 day a week for 3 months, which is a great opportunity. I'm sure I'll learn a lot.

Someday Ali and I hope to own a shop that would be very similar to what Vanille does. I'm excited about the opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home