Thursday, February 28, 2008

Go Badgers!



Recently I showed you a picture of a cake I made for Green Bay Packers football game.  There was a party at my in-laws' house, for which I made the cake.  My mother-in-law took the leftover cake to the hospital where she works the next day to share with her friends and co-workers.  

Just as I'd hoped, word has spread and now some of her friends have asked me to make cakes for them!  JS has a daughter who goes to school at the University Of Wisconsin in Madison (the Badgers), who is turning 21 this weekend.  JS said she would like a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, but left the decorations entirely up to me.  She apologized for the  short notice, so I don't think she is expecting much in the appearance category.  She told my mother-in-law that she just wanted a good cake. 

Anyway, the cake is devil's food, with chocolate frosting.   Sorry I can't give you a picture of a slice, but there are 4 layers each of cake then frosting, for a total of 8 layers.  The cake is covered in white fondant, and all other decorations are also made of fondant.  The rectangular board was covered in fondant to give it a more polished appearance.  Since I also went to school at Wisconsin, this gave me the opportunity I was looking for to make a Badgers cake.  Next time if I have more time, I plan to also make a Bucky Badger...  :-)

Hopefully she'll agree that the cake looks and tastes equally fantastic...  

2 Comments:

At March 3, 2008 at 4:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW timmers! those are fabulous. Can't wait to see what you do for the bachlorette party. Don't forget to make some business cards soon so I can pass them out at the party!!!

 
At June 2, 2008 at 9:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what kind of board do you use that is strong enough to hold a heavy cake?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home