Friday, February 8, 2008

Pregnant again!!!



No, not my wife. My wife's cousin L is due in just over a month, so I made another shower cake for her. This design was very similar to the last baby shower cake, except that the "baby bibs" on the sides are a little different, with larger openings and bows. Since there was only about a sozen people at this event, the cake was a single 8" tier, and was more than enough cake.


Inside is a yellow cake with a chocolate frosting. I've been having some problems with my chocolate buttercream being a little "grainy", which is why I changed to "frosting" for this cake. Personally, I think the American pallate likes frosting better than buttercream anyway, because it is typically much sweeter.


1 Comments:

At April 13, 2009 at 11:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Tim, Your cakes are nice. I am in advanced Cake Decorating right now and have to make royal icing flowers on a wire and gumpaste nail? Teacher was not exactly clear. Wish I could talk to you. Oh well, I am sleepy. Think I'll put some gum paste on a few wires, let it dry and see what happens.
Debra

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home